3 Reasons to Use Beard Oil
People often mistake beard oil's only use as to provide your beard with a nice glimmer and fresh look. However, there is much more to that. Beard oil is essentially used to moisturize both the facial hair and skin beneath.
Moisturize the Skin
Beard oil keeps the skin underneath your beard healthy. It also reduces the occurrence of beard dandruff and itch. No more dry patches of skin sitting under your beard causing small itches throughout the day and being an ongoing annoyance.
Beard oil can make a scraggly beard look fuller and lusher. Taming and condensing your beard will prevent it from looking spread out and thin. Bringing your beard in a tight grouping and looking groomed will present an overall better aesthetic. For this reason, some people use beard oil for hair growth.
Keeps Beards Smelling Great
Simply put, beard oil smells good. Get ready for the compliments as passerby's notice your face jacket smelling great.
How do you use beard oil?
The best time to use beard oil is after showering and shampooing your beard, or after washing your face. Using beard oil when your pores are open will help your skin absorb it efficiently. Make sure your beard is nearly dry, you do not want to apply oil to a damp or soaked berad.
You can experiment with using beard oil every day or every other day. A little bit can go a long way.
When using beard oil, remember not to overdo the amount you use, or your beard will look greasy instead of groomed. Here are some tips:
- Put 3 drops of beard oil throughout your beard. I like to put 1 drop on each cheek and one on my chin then begin massaging it in with my finger tips. You can also apply it to your palm instead and work it in manually that way.
- Make sure to work it through your entire beard, massaging into the skin underneath so you don't ignore it.
- If your beard is long or thick, use a comb to make sure the beard oil gets evenly distributed.
- Short beards can use a britle brush to brush the oil evenly throughout.
- You may need more beard oil for a long, thick beard.